Author Topic: The good, the bad, & the ugly from the flea  (Read 1232 times)

Offline lptools

• Global Moderator
The good, the bad, & the ugly from the flea
« on: January 29, 2017, 05:48:03 PM »
Hello, I will let you decide!!!!! At top is a Vulcan No. 304, a little beat up, but I have yet to see one with this much plating intact. Next is a Superrench Double Offset Combination Wrench (just kidding, former owner bent this for a certain task).  After that is a Blue Grass 1-1/4" Combo Wrench. Next row is a Channellock 910 Locking Pliers, from what I have researched, quite a few of these are still around.To the right, same row, is an OTC tool, I am guessing it is a unique mechanism wire stripper. At bottom is a rusty Vise-Grip pliers, Petersen Mfg. Co, Dewitt, Nebraska. Regards, Lou
Member of PHARTS-  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline Bill Houghton

Re: The good, the bad, & the ugly from the flea
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 07:47:31 PM »
That OTC tool: is one "jaw set" sharp, for stripping?  Could it be a piston ring tool or similar?

Offline wvtools

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 07:18:10 AM »
 The channellock pliers are missing the handle on the end of the top bar.  On most of the ones I have seen, it is hard blue plastic.  They are frequently missing or damaged.

Offline lptools

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 06:27:53 PM »
Hello, Bill & wvtools. Thanks for the info, I saw a couple of the pliers on ebay, with the handles, will have to keep looking. Bill, you have me looking at the OTC tool more closely, they probably would not work as a wire stripper. Maybe along the lines of what you think, their function seems to be more for spreading, or, expanding. Piston ring expander? Thanks again, Lou
Member of PHARTS-  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline Yadda

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 07:12:28 PM »
The unknown tool is a piston ring tool.  I have one with a slightly different handle.
You might say I have a tool collecting problem....