Author Topic: Marshall -Wells 6 inch adjustable wrench find.  (Read 2440 times)

Offline EVILDR235

Marshall -Wells 6 inch adjustable wrench find.
« on: March 12, 2012, 08:39:39 AM »
Went to a garage sale yesterday Among other things, i picked up a Marshall- Wells-Northern King 6 inch adjustable wrench. Very nice condition with only a very fine surface rust. It has a plain hang hole like early Proto adjusables. I see Marshall Wells was a hardware company. Anybody else ever find any tools by this company ?

EvilDr235     

Offline amertrac

• Contributor
  • ny mountain man
Re: Marshall -Wells 6 inch adjustable wrench find.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 01:00:21 PM »
pictures pictures  I  like adj wrenches   bob w.
TO SOON ULD UND TO LATE SCHMART

Offline mvwcnews

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 06:10:53 PM »
Marshall-Wells was a wholesaler with Northern King & Zenith among their house brands.  With HQ in Duluth and branches along the Northern Pacific RR main line, most should turn up in  the northern U.S.

Offline Dakota Woodworker

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 06:41:16 PM »
Just last week I found and cleaned up a very rusty framing square that is a Marshall Wells. Their logo is pretty cool, unfortunatly the old square,(patent date 1911) is fairly pitted from rust but it does seem to be true and square!  It's a well made tool with a heavy, hardended corner tapering in thickness on both legs. I'm going to go ahead and use it in the shop.
Current Dakota Auction Champion

Offline EVILDR235

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 07:16:27 PM »
The only way i can do pictures is if you send me a email at evildr235@webtv.net and i can some in a return email.

EvilDr235

Offline Neals

• Contributor
  • Alberta, Canada
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 08:59:56 PM »
There were Marshall Wells retail stores in Canada as well. At least in Alberta. Not sure of other places. I remember seeing paint stir sticks, cloth carpenters aprons and yard sticks with their name on but no tools just the giveaways.

Offline Branson

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 07:07:26 AM »
Just last week I found and cleaned up a very rusty framing square that is a Marshall Wells. Their logo is pretty cool, unfortunatly the old square,(patent date 1911) is fairly pitted from rust but it does seem to be true and square!  It's a well made tool with a heavy, hardended corner tapering in thickness on both legs. I'm going to go ahead and use it in the shop.

Sounds like a really good square, and if true, there's no reason not to put it back on the job.  Glad it's going to the shop.

Offline Dakota Woodworker

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 07:54:51 PM »
Here is an example of the Marshell wells logo for you .
Current Dakota Auction Champion