Author Topic: Wrench collectors & experts: can you help me identify this wrench?  (Read 3856 times)

Offline appertwoodcraft

Re: Wrench collectors & experts: can you help me identify this wrench?
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2012, 04:10:10 PM »
I bought a Stanley #1 at a PA flea market for $200 not too long ago.

Would you like to sell it?

Nick
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 07:07:01 PM by appertwoodcraft »

Offline clovis

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2012, 06:51:32 PM »
Hey thanks! I did a quick search for "smithsonian magazine studley" and got nothing, but I will be able to find a local library with back issues and check out the article then.

Thanks for the tip!
Nick

I think the Studley chest was featured in the Object At Hand column in the back of the magazine.

I've been an avid reader for years and years, often consuming books and good magazines very quickly. I don't always remember when/where I've read something, so forgive me if I'm mistaken.

I had never seen or heard of the Studley tool box before that article, but I was was in awe.

At any rate, the article was short, most likely one page. You can probably find more on the internet about the box than what was in the article.

As well, I've been known to buy old issues of Smithsonian Magazine, so it is not completely and entirely out of the question that I bought an old 1991 issue at a local flea market.   

« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 07:00:59 PM by clovis »

Offline Brophy

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2012, 07:27:57 AM »
That Stanley #1 plane never sells for less than $1500 when you find one.

I bought a Stanley #1 at a PA flea market for $200 not too long ago.

Mine came from a garage sale for $3.50. They're still out there, keep looking.  :-)
Gray Tool Box WINNER!!!

Offline johnsironsanctuary

• Contributor
  • Super Contributor and Geezer in training
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2012, 04:42:51 PM »
Here is a T & L wrench on ebay.  The bad news is it is our old friend 21shark. The good news is it has a 'Make Offer' button. He might sell it reasonably.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Near-Mint-TOWER-LYON-4-1-2-inch-Gem-Wrench-/330810448138?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d05d6d90a
Top monkey of the monkey wrench clan