Author Topic: Unusual Lectrolite 12 in. Adjustable’  (Read 2684 times)

Offline bill300d

Re: Unusual Lectrolite 12 in. Adjustable’
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2020, 08:55:30 PM »

In addition, the edge of the handle  where your hand goes is poorly finished. Lots of forging flash, at least on mine. I’m surprised it was never ground off. If not at the factory then at least by the guy that had to use it.  :smiley:

Not so unusual for early Lectrolite tool, the wrenches had their share of flash on them too. I don't remember when they started using date codes on their tools but I think it might have been during or just after WWII and I don't see any codes on either of those.
A person who could really read human minds would be privileged to gaze on some correct imitations of chaos.

Offline d42jeep

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2020, 08:38:12 AM »
I’m surprised to see the riveted together adjustable. I had a 12 Lectrolite adjustable a few years ago and it was completely conventional.
Bill, I know that some Lectrolite tools have letter codes on them but I was unaware that they were date codes. Is there some sort of table that indicates exactly when they were made?
-Don
Member of PHARTS-  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society
CONTRIBUTOR

Offline EVILDR235

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2020, 08:55:57 PM »
Maybe war time production ?

EvilDr235

Offline bill300d

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2020, 10:10:12 AM »
Hi Don
 I'm not aware of a list or table. I should have prefaced my date code remark with (possible). While it is not known how to decifer them most collectors refer to them as date code.

Bill

A person who could really read human minds would be privileged to gaze on some correct imitations of chaos.

Offline d42jeep

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2020, 11:20:03 AM »
Thanks, Bill. I’ll have to dig out the ones that I have to see if there’s some sort of pattern. The most common marking I’ve seen is LC which I always assumed just meant Lectrolite Corporation.
-Don
Member of PHARTS-  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society
CONTRIBUTOR