Author Topic: Bonney  (Read 4597 times)

Offline rusty

Re: Bonney
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2011, 06:02:33 AM »

>I spend all day thinking.... but, isn't a computer supposed to be a "super genius?"  Why am I >waiting around for this hunk of junk to catch up to me????"

Computers are really really fast, but, they are also really really stupid, so it more or less cancels out - P
Just a weathered light rust/WD40 mix patina.

Offline kxxr

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 07:27:22 AM »
is your computer mac or windows? If windows, hold down 'ctrl' and 'alt' keys and press 'delete' to open a box that can show you what applications and processes are active at the time of the problem. If mac, I think the keys are 'options' 'command' and 'esc'.
Try that and see if you can find any clues there.

Offline bird

• Contributor
  • Resident Rambler
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2011, 07:35:14 PM »
is your computer mac or windows? If windows, hold down 'ctrl' and 'alt' keys and press 'delete' to open a box that can show you what applications and processes are active at the time of the problem. If mac, I think the keys are 'options' 'command' and 'esc'.
Try that and see if you can find any clues there.

OK!!!!!!   I think I , well, really you, may have solved the problem. I have windows.  I pushed the control, alt, and delete buttons. One of the programs that was running...... I think was "Java Update."  I stopped the program from running.... I think. And, it seems to have solved the problem..... although, am crossing my fingers..... thanks for everyones help. 
cheers, bird
Silent bidder extraordinaire!
"Aunt birdie, I think you're the best loser ever!!!!!!"

Offline Branson

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2011, 07:58:12 PM »
I wanna see pictures of your work, Bird!  1930 is right.  Pictures please.

On computers, not that I'm any kind of expert (I ask the kids for advice), I'm running on Linux at
the moment, compliments to a computer geek friend.  It's pretty impervious to viruses and all that
nonsense, and uses free ware -- Open Office and that sort of soft ware.  I've already survived
bugs that hit people running Microsoft and Mac.

Offline Wrenchmensch

• Contributor
  • Wrenches tell of man's freedom to think
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2011, 11:31:43 AM »
Guys:

I used AVAST for day-to-day protection, and MALWARE as a backup.  Both are effective and free.