Author Topic: 2 Big Ol' Wrenches  (Read 1558 times)

Offline bill300d

2 Big Ol' Wrenches
« on: July 04, 2015, 05:57:47 PM »
Found these at an estate sale yesterday. Top one is a 21 in Coes Wrench Co. with L. Coes patent dates. Bottom one is 22in and unmarked except for a 24 in a recessed square on the movable jaw. Haven't been able to id it yet. It is in need of repair but should be fine when done.
A person who could really read human minds would be privileged to gaze on some correct imitations of chaos.

Offline turnnut

Re: 2 Big Ol' Wrenches
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 09:19:18 PM »
the 24 would mean its a 24 inch wrench

Offline bill300d

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 02:02:11 PM »
I figured that's probably what it ment even though measures 22in. I now believe that wrench to be an empire wrench,found one exactly like it stamped empire, but I haven't gone out to the garage yet to see if this one is so marked. I don't remember seing  any other marks on it but I  havent cleaned it yet. No not a HiJorth quick adjust.
A person who could really read human minds would be privileged to gaze on some correct imitations of chaos.

Offline turnnut

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 02:27:49 PM »
a lot of my wrenches do not measure to what they advertize,  which reminds me of a food chain
that sold subs/grinders and advertized for foot long subs, then someone started to measure
them and found that most were only about 10 1/2 inches long.

then yet, I have 6" wrenches that measure 6 1/2 inches.